Edinburgh startup Hubdub are in need of a talented web developer to help them with their fantasy sports game FanDuel. They’re offering £30-40K depending on experience as well as stock options to the right person. Is that you? Is it? I’ve pasted their blurb below for the more curious amongst you:
At Hubdub we are building the next generation of sports entertainment for web and mobile. That’s a pretty big goal, and we’d love you to help us achieve it.
Our next generation fantasy sports game, FanDuel, is growing at 30% month on month and getting rave reviews from The Washington Post, ABC News, TechCrunch and (most importantly) our users.
We recognize our success is dependent on creating an amazing product, and as such our developers and designers get a pretty good deal:
• Responsibility for delivering features that matter to a highly passionate userbase
• Flexibility to work from home up to 3 days per week, choose your own hours
• Casual, non-corporate but fast-paced and exciting work environment
• Rewarding and varied development challenges that you help shape
• Play with cool stuff: web sockets, Amazon S3, TDD, lighttpd and plenty more
• Smart colleagues who push and challenge you
• A fun place to work with great office banter, team days out and plenty of free beer!
• Work with the product, design and development teams to scope, implement, test and maintain game functionality
• Front end (JS) and backend (object oriented PHP5, MySQL) development
• Work to challenging deadlines in an Agile environment
• A share of technical support
• A passion for technology, programming and teamwork
• Experience of principled object oriented design (in PHP, Java, or similar)
• Experience of a live deployment environment, source control, and agile methodologies
• Highly proficient and productive with the desire to build high quality, robust web applications that users love
Experience of any of the following is a bonus:
• Building consumer/social web products or games
• Working in a startup
• User- and test-driven development methodologies
• Linux sys admin, server configuration and scaling backend systems
• Realtime systems (for example, with websockets)
Competitive package of salary (£30-40k depending on experience) and stock options
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to be part of a high-growth, venture-backed startup in Scotland, and the energetic and rewarding work environment that comes with that. If you’re talented and motivated developer we want to hear from you!